• The Little Orchestra Society has announced their 2012-2013 Happy Concerts season line-up which will include a new production of Tubby the Tuba narrated by Patti Smith. The performance will take place on Saturday March 16, 2013 at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center. Subscribers to the Little Orchestra Society can purchase tickets beginning on Monday, March 12th, 2012. Please call 212-971-9500 for information and to order your subscriptions.
• The Wollongong Symphony Orchestra will be presenting Fantastical Classical, an evening of 'Music For Everyone' featuring Tubby The Tuba. Tickets for the November 28th concert cost $20 and are available through the WSO website.
• The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will be performing A Family Guide To The Orchestra at the Royal & Derngate theatre in Northampton, England on June 13, 2010. The evening will be hosted by Martin Clunes ("Men Behaving Badly") and highlights include Tubby The Tuba, featuring tubist Kevin Morgan. Tickets are available through the Royal & Derngate website.
• The Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra announced their 2009-2010 schedule. Included is a performance of Tubby The Tuba on Feb. 19, 2010 featuring guest tubist, Chester Schmitz, formerly with the Boston Pops. NFSO season tickets are available for purchase in-person or by phone from the college's Mattie Kelly Arts Center Box office at (850) 729-6000 or online at www.nfsymphony.org
• North Carolina's Hendersonville Community Band, performed an evening of 30's and 40's style music called "HCB at the Pops" on May 21st. Included in the program was Tubby The Tuba, narrated by Jerry Zink with tuba player, Ian Poole.
• The Nelson Symphony Orchestra, in New Zealand performed a children's concert on Saturday, May 16th featuring our friend, Tubby. Tubby The Tuba and The Carnival of the Animals was narrated by Doug Brooks and conducted by Mick Dowrick.
• The LaGrange Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of Patricio Cobos, will be performing Tubby for their March 26th and 27th, 2009 Children's Concerts. For more information: email@example.com.
• The Orquesta Filarmónica de la Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (OFUNAM) will be performing Tubby on Saturday, February 14th in Sala Nezahualcóyotl, of Centro Cultural Universitario
in Mexico, narrated by actor & singer, Mario Iván Martínez.
• Please stop by the Jacksonville Chapel, 264 Jacksonville Road, Lincoln Park, NJ for a free concert featuring Tubby The Tuba on Saturday, February 14. The Jacksonville Chapel Concert Band will be performing and pre-show entertainment begins at 2:30pm. For more information, call 973.334.6657.
• Bring the kids to the Richard J. Riordan Central Library, 630 W. 5th St., in Los Angeles on Saturday, November 22nd at 2 p.m. for a Tubby book reading. Admission is Free! (213) 972-8000.
• If you happen to be in the Stratford, UK area on November 2nd, the musicians of the Warwickshire Symphony Orchestra have come up with a some gems for younger listeners for their concert at Levi Fox Hall - Box office 01789 207100.
They include George Kleinsinger's Tubby the Tuba, John Williams's Harry Potter theme, and Benjamin Britten's Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra. Actor Jeffrey Dench will be the narrator for the Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra and Tubby the Tuba. The tuba soloist will be Ian Foster.
• On Saturday, August 30th at 2:30 p.m., the Boston Symphony Orchestra will present Tubby The Tuba at the annual Family Concert in Ozawa Hall at Tanglewood, performed by the Cupcake Philharmonic Orchestra — a chamber ensemble formed especially for family programs — along with members of the BSO. BSO principal tuba, Michael Roylance, will play the lead role, and David Tripp, son of the original composer, will narrate.
Tickets to the concert (including all activities) cost $10, with children under 12 admitted free. Information: www.tanglewood.org
, (888) 266-1200.
• If you're in the Saginaw Bay, Michigan area on Thursday, July 31st, a free "Zoosical" concert is planned, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Children's Zoo at Celebration Square Carousel. The Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra will perform Tubby The Tuba with Kevin Profitt as the narrator, Lee-Perry Belleau the voice of Tubby and Pat Shelley as the Bullfrog, with Jennifer Profitt, Jenny Rogers-Belleau and Noel Howland cast as the voices of other instruments.
More info here!
• Brooke Shields will be the narrator for Glen Roven's The Runaway Bunny Concerto, based on the popular children's book, which will be featured on a new Sony recording to be released on Tuesday, April 8. The CD will also feature Paddington Bear's First Concert, also by Roven, and Tubby the Tuba, and will feature performances by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, violinist Ittai Shapria, and narrator Stephen Fry.
Purchase the CD from Amazon!
• Chris Hall, tubist of the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra will be the featured soloist in a family concert on Sunday, January 27 at 2 pm, at Temple Beth El in Closter. Mr. Hall, assisted by an ensemble of internationally renowned artists, will perform Paul Tripp & George Kleinsinger's classic, Tubby The Tuba, with children's recording artist Julie Knie performing as narrator. Chris and Julie will be joined by an orchestra comprised of members of the New York Philharmonic, including Sheryl Staples, principal associate concertmaster, and Sherry Sylar, associate principal oboe. Barry Centanni, percussionist for the Orchestra of St. Lukes will perform, as well as Katherine Fink, principal flute with Brooklyn Philharmonic.
Temple Beth El is located at 221 Schraalenburgh Road in Closter NJ. Ph: 201-768-5112. Stop by the temple office between 9:00 and 5:00 on weekdays for advanced tickets at $12. Tickets will be $15 at the door. For more information, please contact: Dana Hall 201-750-9484. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sharon Hampson joins the North York Concert in Toronto, Canada for its annual family concert on Dec. 15 at 3 p.m. Hampson, the featured guest, narrates Joe Hampson's The Very Best Band. Christine Caccavella, tuba soloist, performs the children's favorite, Tubby the Tuba. The one-hour program is designed for young music lovers and families. Tickets are $15 for adults, seniors and students; children under 12 get in free. Visit: http://www.nyco.on.ca or call 416-628-9195. Grace Church-on-the-Hill, 300 Lonsdale Rd.
• Seattle's Edmonds Center For The Arts has scheduled a new performance of Tubby The Tuba on February 2, 2008. The concert features The Cascade Symphony with Dave Brewer on the tuba, while Seattle radio personality, Dave Dolacky, performs the narration.
• Join the Eugene Symphony with conductor Giancarlo Guerrero for a fun-filled performance featuring Amazing Grace the Wonder Dog, and popular family favorite Tubby the Tuba. Two performances are scheduled for Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 10 a.m. (English) and 11:15 a.m. (Billingual, English and Spanish).
• The North York Concert Orchestra will present a family concert on Saturday, Dec. 15, 2008 with Christine Caccavella performing Tubby the Tuba and guest performers Sharon Hampson and Joe Hampson's The Very Best Band. Free admission for children under 12 years old! For tickets and information, call 416-628-9195 or e-mail: email@example.com.
• The Buffalo Grove Symphonic Band will be performing Tubby on Saturday, April 28th, with Howard Green conducting. Special guest, on tuba, will be the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s Gene Pokorny.
• The Redwood Symphony will be performing Tubby on Sunday, April 22nd featuring Valerie Sarfaty as narrator.
• The Salem Chamber Orchestra will perform Tubby this 2007-2008 season. The concert features violinists Katie McLin and Julie Bates, the Connie Fritz Memorial Concerto Competition winner(s), and the Willamette University Solo and Aria Competition winner(s). Read more about it here.
• The Eureka Symphony Orchestra, featuring Fred Tempas on tuba and Donald Forrest as narrator, is performing Tubby on Friday, Feb. 2 and Saturday, Feb. 3 at the First Assembly of God Church, 1060 Hoover St., Eureka CA. Read more about it in The Eureka Reporter.
• The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra will be performing Tubby at a special concert evening benefiting the Riley Children’s Foundation on Tuesday, January 9, at 7:30 p.m. at the Hilbert Circle Theatre. Details here.